[Rhodes22-list] 12 volt wire gauge from OB to Cabin (10' maxassumed)

Michel Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Sun Jan 29 09:52:34 EST 2006

#4 or better yet #2 with a 60amp breaker close to the battery, use
"bulkhead" mounting lugs that match the motor rings in the lazzerert, 10
feet sounds short, both 12 and 10 will have to much voltage drop to
start, and #8 will  work when everthing is "full", #6 is better, the #2
wire is for starting when the batteries are at their last(you be happy
your spend the extra 40$ then :-), use the 60amp break incase the wire
shorts out years from now(or something short the lungs), remember to
reduce the size if you use the smaller wires,

-MJM