[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Technique Question

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Jul 7 20:35:44 EDT 2006

Mark,
First things first. Drop the pop top and lower the boom to the lower
position. I use about a 100 genny in those conditions and run the sheets inside  the
stays to give me better sail shape. I cross sheet the genny and keep the  main
sheet in my hands at all times. I sit on the windward side facing leeward
with one foot on the opposite seat. This way I have everything within easy reach
 and can adjust accordingly. If you are still overpowered, reduce the size of
the  main sail which is easy to do if you have the IMF. The standard main
requires  reefing points in the sail. Practice, practice and more practice. The
beauty of  the R22 is that it is easily adjustable to almost all wind
conditions. The  attached photo shows me using my technique.

Rummy