[Rhodes22-list] Advice on boat purchase

iweb86 at aol.com iweb86 at aol.com
Mon Jul 10 14:07:53 EDT 2006

Kathy,

Welcome and I wish happy sailing

I myself like to race and also push the envelope on a boat. However my experience is to race on other peoples boats. As for that the J24 is a racing boat The Rhodes 22 is a cruising boat. Now Now I know I am going to have some people here tell how they race on the Rhodes and YES it can be put on a line and driven against other boats. Yet for all the features designed for the Rhodes it is essentially a cruising boat.

For that point it is the top choice for a small family cruising boat.

Not only do you get a boat that is well designed, easy and fun to sail the looks and complements you will receive at the club will top out your choice.

That is my humble opinion...

Happy sailing

Scott