[Rhodes22-list] Fall Haul?

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Mon Jul 10 17:20:36 EDT 2006

Dave,

I'm in Minnesota.  Talk about above the hard freeze line--way above.  I
empty my water tank and that's about it.  I don't use any antifreeze nor
would I waste good liquor for that.  I don't remove the batteries but I do
throw the disconnect switches.  I do tarp the boat using the mast with the
spreaders removed as the ridge.  We have a porta potty so there's no issue
there.  I remove all food and bevs of course and I also remove all clothing,
cushions and anything else that may mildew or provide a nest for the
occasional mouse.  I winterize the outboard by running it out of gas and
putting in a little fogging oil and fresh gear oil in the lower unit.
That's all.  By the time we haul out for the season it's too cold to paint
or wax so we leave that for spring.

Slim