[Rhodes22-list] The buffalo theory and drinking.

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 09:34:59 EDT 2006

Rummy,

After reading this I may have to change my opinion on corn based ethanol.
Actually, this has been a cottage industry in Tennessee for several decades.

Brad

------------------

Iowa Man Fired for Drinking Ethanol Fuel Denied Unemployment

*Monday , July 10, 2006*

   DES MOINES, Iowa  — *A man who claimed discrimination after being fired
from an* *ethanol* <javascript:siteSearch('ethanol');> plant for drinking
"automobile fuel" has been denied unemployment benefits.

*Cory Neddermeyer* <javascript:siteSearch('Cory Neddermeyer');>, 42, was
dismissed by *Amaizing Energy* <javascript:siteSearch('Amaizing Energy');> in
April. The Denison-based company produces ethanol fuel for vehicles in a
formula that includes a high concentration of alcohol.

According to Neddermeyer, he showed up for work on April 21 and saw that
there had been a spill of fuel alcohol. Hundreds of gallons of 190-proof
alcohol were held in a 6-inch-deep holding pond that was about 30 feet by 24
feet.

The liquid had not been blended with
*gasoline*<javascript:siteSearch('gasoline');>
.

"I am a recovering alcoholic, and I thought about the availability of this
alcohol throughout the day," he wrote in a statement later provided to state
officials. "Curious about the taste and its effects, I dipped into this lake
of liquor and drank what I considered to be 2 to 3 ounces. The next thing I
remember is waking up in Crawford County Memorial Hospital."

Neddermeyer was found by co-workers in an incoherent state. He was taken to
the hospital, where his blood-alcohol level, according to state records, was
reported at 0.72. That's almost twice the level considered potentially fatal
for many adults.

Neddermeyer was briefly hospitalized for acute alcohol intoxication. His
employer searched his work area and allegedly found three empty bottles that
contained trace amounts of the fuel.