[Rhodes22-list] Furler repairs :was Scott and Detached Furlers

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Wed Jul 26 19:20:11 EDT 2006

Scott,

  Someone may have already posted this suggestion, but when you consider
upgrading to the CDI furler, don't forget to factor in the price of
having luff tape added to your genoa.  Another interesting fact is that
the O.D. of  thick wall 1" marine ss tubing is about the same as the I.D
of the GB furler tube.  If you are anywhere close to the Wash. DC area, I
have a "repaired" GB furler laying out in the yard which you are welcome
to use until you get yours replaced or upgraded.  See attached pics of
the repairs. I also have a pic of a bushing I made out of 1" UHMWPE rod
that I got on e-bay for a few bucks....not as fancy as the flanged GB
bushing, but not too bad as a spare to have out in the garage!

Todd T.