[Rhodes22-list] Politics: How's It Going?

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 00:56:20 EDT 2006

herb
  one of the things often said about war is that noone is ever able to predict anything except maybe the next 15 minutes. especially the way they start and the way initial plans go wrong. at the end of a war if one looks at what was intended or expected at the beginning, those motives and goals verge on being at least naive if not downright silly. we fought wars with fronts and rears for hundreds of years. the good guys on one side of the line and the bad guys on the other. call me old fashioned. but at least when you swept through enemy territory you no longer had to worry about your back. thanks for letting me rant. john b

Herb Parsons <hparsons at parsonsys.com> wrote:
  I keep hearing about "the plan" and "the timetable". I'd love for someone, ANYONE, to show me a plan and/or a timetable that was released to the general public, say 6 months prior to the end of WWII that bore even a close resemblance to the final outcome of that war.

Or any war, for that matter.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> DCLewis1 at aol.com 6/4/2006 5:22:09 pm >>>

In a message dated 6/4/2006 1:12:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,