[Rhodes22-list] New R22 Owner!!

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Jun 6 11:36:12 EDT 2006

Tom,
Yes, there is another way to go. It's what I call the six pack method. I  get
a cold six pack of beer and grab two neighbors to help lower the mast.
I lower my mast forward. I have the two helpers guide the mast and I hang
onto and use the traveler like a trapeze and walk forward as it comes down. It
helps to have another person walk the genoa and fore stay towards the stern of
 the boat, not allowing it to drag on the ground, so technically, I use three
 helpers.
Raising the mast is just the reverse. For either process, I only undo the
absolute minimum when it comes to stays. I also remove the boom. Some people
will tie the boom to the mast.
Needless to say, no matter which way you do it. Make sure to disconnect the
pop top slide before attempting to lower the mast. :)

Rummy