[Rhodes22-list] New R22 Owner!!

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Jun 7 11:27:25 EDT 2006

Brad,

Stick with the 6 pack method.  Don't over complicate it.  I can put up
my IMF with the help of 1 other guy provided that guy is tall.  You need
either strength or a little more leverage when the mast gets almost
vertical.

Stan's crane is safe for one person even when the boat is not level, not
stable, or dealing with wind.  Things happen when that huge lever is
dangling at a 45 degree angle.

The 6-pack method gets the mast up very quickly.  10-15 seconds if you
know what you are doing.  There is little time to dangle, or for the
wind to pipe up if everyone knows what they are doing.

Don't reinvent this wheel.  There is already enough to go wrong.

Bill Effros