[Rhodes22-list] R22 Remote control linked outboard; Reply to David

wp.barry at att.net wp.barry at att.net
Sat Jun 17 21:40:29 EDT 2006

The Honda has a remote control throttle system set up like that of a power boat. We mounted ours on the forward wall of the lazarette. Despitee popular belief that only the Yamaha is convenient because of its position on the rear portion of the tiller. I actually preferred the position of the Honda's because i had more leverage on the tiller that is required when in reverse and the ability to make a sudden turn. Also, it is designed to be used with or without electric start. We used ours without. The only time we leaned over the stern rail to touch our motor was to start and kill it. This was a much cheaper option, and for the small power it took (1 to 2 pulls) to start it and also its one less battery to have to remove and maintain! Other than that we just raised and lowered as desired. The 8hp was ideal at the time because it had a great advantage in weight over the 9.9 due to different casing, but i do believe that may have changed since.

Will Barry

-------------- Original message from "David R. Keyes" <dkeyes at houston.rr.com>: --------------