[Rhodes22-list] Is This Evidence of Deck Compression?

David Culp dculp at hsbtx.us
Fri Jun 30 13:03:58 EDT 2006

Folks:

I need some opinions from the list on whether or not I have a compression
issue which needs to be addressed.  This is a link to a small web page I
created with three pictures taken inside the cabin of what I see.
http://www.culps.net/sailing/

There is nothing visible from outside to indicate any problems.  The only
indications inside are some wrinkling in the liner on top of the pressure
bulkhead and a crack coming out from the hatch frame.  Maybe somebody
cranked the rigging down too tight sometime, is all I can figure; but the
deck has flexed back and is solid as a rock.  I know it wasn't me, because
these indications were present before I ever hoisted the mast the first
time.

I would appreciate anyone interested to take a look and let me know what you
think and if I should be worried.  I didn't spot it as a problem when I
inspected the boat, but now intend to take care of it at some point if
needed.

Thanks in advance,
David Culp