[Rhodes22-list] Is This Evidence of Deck Compression?

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Jun 30 14:16:23 EDT 2006

David,

Is the mast stepped?  Is there any downward pressure from the tabernacle
when these pix were taken?  Have you measured any deformation under load
compared to unloaded (unstepped)?  I have an older R22 ('81, old head
design, no ports or hatches) and have NO creasing or cracking at the
bulkhead interface.

Have you cleaned or prepped the area around the crack?  In both pix #2 & #3
there appears a lighter shading to the liner.  Is this evidence of a
previous repair or just cleaning brought out by flash photo?

Mike