[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Frone Crawford

3drecon 3drecon at comcast.net
Fri Jun 30 16:25:48 EDT 2006

Frone

I didn't say I was comfortable with the Republicans, I said they are closer
to the Libertarian philosophy than any other "electable" party to-day.  I
assume you allude to the Patriot Act in the "incessant drive by  the
Republicans to limit personal rights and invade our private acts and
thoughts" as well as the moral chest pounding.  I am opposed to the Patriot
Act.  I think it will be/has been abused just as the RICO act was and is
abused.  I don't agree with the moral grand-standing any more than I agree
with the liberals banning "hate" speech, becoming anti-religious and forcing
the Bill of Rights on the States, contrary to the Founders intent.  I also
don't see a conspiricy in "a propaganda machine  leading us to pre-emptive
war, welfare for the agri / timber / oil companies,  selling off our
resources to pay the unconscionable deficits".  The real problem with oil is
the restriction on drilling, exploration and refineries; simply, supply and
demand.  I don't know what you mean about the "agri/timber issues, but if
that's what it takes to make our country prosperous, then that is what we
should do.  A poor person never gave me a job (wealthy and corporations did
(and government).  I will say here that I do one of the few legitimate
government tasks. . . defense (and as a civilian, declassification).  I
assume by your comment about oil, you believe we "went to war for oil".  If
so, what better reason besides retaliation?  Oil is in the national
interest.  If we can secure international oil routes and supplies by going
to war, so what?  Liberals like to say we should go to war in Zambia, or
Zimbabwe or elsewhere in the African continent. If not for precious metals,
oil or resources, why?  If it is not in our national interest, why?  What
the hell were we doing in Serbia?  That is a European created problem and
they should police it.  We have no national interest there.

Philip