[Rhodes22-list] Art, Bob, Bill - bottom paints revisited

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Mar 10 12:10:08 EST 2006

Art,
copies does the sender need to reread?  If you have done all this research,
how about a summary?  Did you look at http://www.epoxyproducts.com ?  They
sell the ingredients to make your own epoxy paint and they sell additives
such as teflon and copper.  Make your own two part epoxy paint with teflon
and copper.  You da man, do it.
      Look at http://www.nationalpaintsupply.com/ and consider using their
Blue Water marine paints.  You can match either Micron or Pettit, just look
at the different marine paints.  Of course this site is if you are going to
do it yourself.  This company is being used by many independent shops
because the products are equivalent to the high dollar stuff.  It is being
currently recommended by Rummy's painter friend, Dockside Canvas, if you
want to have it done with Blue Water, here is a guy that will do it for you
      I liked Bob's comment on VC 17.  I believe that Bill is using the same
stuff that Stan uses, but it is what is called ablative or soft paint.  If
you are going to be trailering a lot, I have turned my opinion to use a hard
paint.  VC 17 qualifies as a hard paint.  There are other hard finish
paints.  Apparently, from the sites that I have mentioned, you can mix your
own.
      If you use a hard bottom paint, there are other products that can be
applied on a hard finish that also fight growth, but are not considered as
toxic as the ablative products.  This would be a consideration for those who
race.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA