[Rhodes22-list] Dave's retirement Saga

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Wed Mar 22 14:27:42 EST 2006

Ed,

Great post.  Formosan termites, wow!!  Don’t tell me, they eat  fiberglass
boats, right?

We’ve thought about overseas, and I’d love to do that.  But we’ve got  cats
that are like family, it would never work.  I imagine they eat cats in
Formosa; but Mexico, the Virgin Isles, Bahamas, PR all good places except that  they’
ll quarantine incoming animals for 30 day (I think), so we’ll have to visit
those locales.  Besides, class A medical facilities are important.

I don’t doubt that Stan is itching to get back to work, but mostly he’s
itching.  He’s got to be going through hell.  First a bad bout of flu,  now
shingles - and they can last a while.  Not fun.  A lesser man  could be seriously
depressed at this point, I give him a lot of credit.

This retirement relocation issue could turn into a long term hobby, it’s
taking too much time.  Too many variables.  Bad as it is, though, it  sure beats
commuting in Washington DC traffic.

Dave