[Rhodes22-list] alternative energy

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 18:12:05 EDT 2006

Robert,

We have enough fat people in this country without
getting them addicted to french fries to fuel their
cars.  Used fry oil to biodiesel is a pretty simple
process.  Better that it gets burned in a car than the
other options but it won't make a dent in the national
energy budget.  If we plant rapeseed, not soybeans,
hedgerow to hedgerow nationwide, we can replace about
10% of our diesel demand.  Not a total solution but
good start.  When oil gets to $100 a barrel, say a
year or so, the market will come up with a new
solutions.  Get used to living with less of the stuff.

Brad