[Rhodes22-list] Mayday

anima13 anima13 at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 26 07:56:25 EST 2006

Interesting thread.
We joke about the 'Kentucky Lake VHF' which is a cell phone.
Even on race day we use the cell phone more than the VHF.
We use VHF for broad announcements but sometimes the committee
boat will contact us to learn our position so they can be ready
for an incoming boat or make a decision to shorten the course, etc.
There are so many ridiculous conversations on the radio that
we do not want to be a part of that. Sometimes we don't want
the whole lake to know where we are rafting up. Our John's
guitar playing is so popular, we would have too many goof-balls
we don't know.
Anne