[Rhodes22-list] Bilge Water

David Culp daculp at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 18:08:36 EST 2006

Hi gang:

What started as just a trace of water occassionally in the bilge after being
out for the day has become a trickle that you can see running in and filling
the bilge in the last couple of weeks.   My 1998 boat has not hit anything,
has not run aground going forward or backward and I have inspected all areas
that I can see without unscrewing things with no traces of leakage.  It is
coming in quickly now even just sitting in the slip and seems to be coming
from the centerboard trunk area (guessing) but I haven't taken the floor up
yet to look.  I reached back in as far as I could through the access
panels and I don't feel anything leaking or any damage.  The only thing
unusual is that the leak seems to be worse with the board up versus being
all the way down.  I normally secure the board up when in the slip so
it doesn't bang around.

Just wondered if anyone ever had this happen and/or if are there are any
known issues about the centerboard pivot pin, leaking gaskets or cap that I
need to pay particuliar attention to?  I suppose I should at least expose
the cap while still in the water (not take it off) just in case I could see
something-any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
David Culp