[Rhodes22-list] RE: rudder overhaul

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Mon Sep 11 00:53:46 EDT 2006

Lou,

I am a bit confused by your post and pic.   It appears that you are
putting the threaded plate between the aluminum plate and the rudder
blade?   By looking at your pic, the 5/16" bolt will be the aft most bolt
on the lower pintle.  Won't this bolt hit the rudder blade interfere with
the movement of the blade?

IIRC the aft most bolt for the lower pintle is actually two flat heads
that are countersunk into the aluminum plate and face outward........only
clamping the pintle tang to the plate.

See attached drawing,

Todd T.