[Rhodes22-list] Roger

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Mon Sep 18 02:10:19 EDT 2006

As some of you know, former Rhodes list member, Roger Pihlaja is now living
in the greater Twin Cities area and today I had the pleasure of taking a
sail with him on the famous Dynamic Equilibrium!  Temps in the low 70s and
winds 18 gusting to 25.  His is a '76 Continental with standard,
full-battened main and 150% headsail.  We sailed with two reefs in the main
and varying 100% to 150% jib depending on point of sail.

Dynamic Equilibrium is truly and engineer's boat--it's rigged to the teeth.
Two spinnakers, spinnaker pole and whisker pole mounted on the fore deck,
auto-pilot, instruments, bimini, boom tent, everything! We sailed for a
couple of hours and had a very good time.

Note:  He has a much higher voice than I'd imagined.  I imagined he had a
voice like Joe Friday on Dragnet.    8-)

Slim