[Rhodes22-list] motor mount failure

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Apr 30 11:02:55 EDT 2007

JB,

That's a helluva story, but I'm glad things turned out OK!  Sounds
like replacing the plastic with SS is the way to go.  You've got the
skills and equipment to do it, so that's a no brainer.

For the group - JB got some help from another boat.  But for us
novice sailors, what would have been the recommended course of action
in this situation (assuming no help was nearby)?  Be nice to have
that knowledge before I need it!

Cheers!
John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22