[Rhodes22-list] Quiet list (political)

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 03:09:24 EDT 2007

herb,
  i didn't want to go there. i will only say that if that were true, i don't think robert would have run. he would have walked away from politics. thats my reason for believing johnson had nothing to do with it. i do believe though that part of the story was that those who did it, or who let oswald do it, wanted lbj to be president, and that it looked to them as if robert was going to be the heir to the throne, not johnson. they may have been convinced that they were doing him a favor. john b

Herb Parsons <HParsons at parsonsys.com> wrote:
  And even today, rumors persist that President Johnson was in on the assassination of President Kennedy.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> "Arthur H. Czerwonky" 7/31/2007 9:25 PM >>>
John,
I remember well the rivalry between Jack Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson in their primaries. Maybe a higher purpose motivated them to work together while they could. There were some bitter feelings there as they competed for the nomination.
Art