[Rhodes22-list] Captain John Lock - another try at getting small .jpg

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Aug 13 10:35:51 EDT 2007

At 08:26 PM 8/12/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>This is interesting.  In the past, I could convert the suffix from JPEG to
>jpg.  Checking old pictures, i.e., only six weeks ago, the same programs
>would save a picture in either JPEG or .jpg.  Now I cannot get picture files
>to save in .jpg, even going into dos.  I have tried both Paint and LPro.  I
>am trying to attach a 3rd way.
>
>In trying to force change to jpg it converted to gif?  Does it work?

As you no doubt have seen by now, it did work (as a .gif file)  As to
why your software won't save .jpg anymore... who knows, call Geek
Squad.  However, this does help illustrate the fact that the mailing
list is not entirely to blame for attachment glitches.  Local
software misconfiguration can subvert the process as well.

Cheers!

John Lock