[Rhodes22-list] Buying a Rhodes

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 12:22:55 EDT 2007

Dan,

I agree with Mary Lou...let GBI with their expert work
install anything that is a safety item or that
requires any expertise at all.

The small price you'll pay to have a masthead antenna
& radio installed will more than pay for itself in
increased distance & reception. Can't  count on
cell...at least down here...and there aren't many if
any boats out here when I'm out...

You'll find that GBI will do installations better,
neater, and just the way you want it...or they know
how they SHOULD be done...and you'll have more time
for sailing. And you'll be prepared....Talk to Stan.
He will not steer you wrong.

Stan has some used biminis & pop-tops at very
reasonable prices...that is the route I went as now
that I have the frame I can make a new bimini at a
later date. Depending on when you get your boat...if
it is at the end of this season you can defer those
purchases until spring....

Luckily my recycle had many of the options that I
would have added anyway....and one that only two...?..
other R-22's have....a steering pedestal & wheel....!

I LOVE MY BOAT....

Rummmy...don't remember if i told you but I took your
advice & had Dido shorten the post for the captain's
seat...it is only about 4" or so above the
laz...perfect height and yet low enough not to affect
the balance..

elle

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attachments/20070731/2733f9d5/attachment.jpg