[Rhodes22-list] Jeff Timian

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Mon Aug 27 10:29:49 EDT 2007

Jeff,

FWIW, I think your best approach to getting a fair value will be to hang
around the list, monitor EBay, Craigs List, Sailing Texas, etc and see what
similar boats are going for.  A key issue, of course, is to compare  whatever
might appear on EBay, or wherever, against the condition of your boat,  there are
some real turkeys out there.  An occasional Google on the terms  "Rhodes 22
For Sale" might give you an occasional data point.  Lacking a  lot of data,
however, have you tried _www.nada.com_ (http://www.nada.com)  ?  Remember to look
under  General Boats, not Rhodes.  NADA will be a very rough start, but it’s a
 start.  A lot will depend on the condition of your boat, what’s included,
and most importantly the buyer.  As you may have noted, people do drop into
the list from time to time expressing an interest in buying a Rhodes 22, at that
 point you could make yourself known.

As an isolated data point, there was an outfitted 1985 R22 w trailer
advertised in Small Craft Advisor (Jul/Aug 07) for $12.5K.  The boat had  been
refurbished by Gen Boats in 2001. It was in the water, so clearly it would  float,
and it had the IMF mainsail and furling 175 Genoa.  The price  included a
trailer.  I have no idea what the boat finally sold for, or if  it sold.

Dave