[Rhodes22-list] Minnesota Disaster

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 11:42:09 EDT 2007

Brad,

I would HOPE that HS would show up to support the
locals....nothing I would like better than to see my
tax dollars help these folks...but Katrina has shown
us (at least what it looks like from this coast) that
when the Fed Gov shows up they push the locals aside &
do what makes the gov't look good (at least
initially)...NOT what the locals view as their
priorities....and waste tons of $$$ in the
process...then when the nation's attention is
elsewhere, they pull resources away & let the folks
fend for themselvesllll

Is there EVER a chance that we will get officials who
look out for their constituents and not for
themselves??

elle