[Rhodes22-list] IMF

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Sat Feb 17 11:54:44 EST 2007

I have needed to lubricate the IMF lower bearing once mid-season, only
because I forgot to do it before launching.  The mechanism is elegantly
simple.

I have also found it helpful to secure the sliding block that follows the
clew back and forth along the boom as far forward as possible when leaving
the boat on the mooring.  It is easy to do with a pair of tiny bungee cords
to the forward end of the boom.  The one time I didn't do this, we had two
days of gale force winds during the week.  The sliding block slid aft and
allowed the clew of the sail to flog in the wind as the boat swung on the
mooring.  The sail wrapped a bit tighter on the furling tube and exposed a
couple of extra inches of sail, and the loosened outhaul line flogged and
chafed a bit.  Easily fixed, but could have damaged the sail, too.

Jim Connolly
s/v Inisheer
'85 recycled '03