[Rhodes22-list] IMF

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 17 09:14:28 EST 2007

thanks Jim

this is helpful

when lubricating ... do you need to disassemble?  Rummy
said "when I get teh opportunity", will my opportunity be
annualy, or just when I don't feel like reading anything
and I'm anchored somewhere and jsut feel like it?

--- Jim Connolly <jbconnolly at comcast.net> wrote:

> I have needed to lubricate the IMF lower bearing once
> mid-season, only
> because I forgot to do it before launching.  The
> mechanism is elegantly
> simple.
>
> I have also found it helpful to secure the sliding block
> that follows the
> clew back and forth along the boom as far forward as
> possible when leaving
> the boat on the mooring.  It is easy to do with a pair of
> tiny bungee cords
> to the forward end of the boom.  The one time I didn't do
> this, we had two
> days of gale force winds during the week.  The sliding
> block slid aft and
> allowed the clew of the sail to flog in the wind as the
> boat swung on the
> mooring.  The sail wrapped a bit tighter on the furling
> tube and exposed a
> couple of extra inches of sail, and the loosened outhaul
> line flogged and
> chafed a bit.  Easily fixed, but could have damaged the
> sail, too.
>
> Jim Connolly
> s/v Inisheer
> '85 recycled '03

=== message truncated ===

HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

"That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... is freedom."
-- Captain Jack Sparrow