[Rhodes22-list] FYI: Hunting/riding sail/petelargo

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 17:13:19 EST 2007

Robert,

(FYI) Those are good links, and the advice is right on
the money, but I'd like the list to know that the
riding sail that Banner Bay advertises is incredible
expensive...and heavy.

I just made one for a friend (with a little help from
Chris G!) using Odyssey from Sailrite: everything,
including shipping came to @ $70. And it was a snap to
make.

If you want tricolor, just buy three pcs of
different-colored rip-stop nylon, be prepared to say a
few of your favorite words,(It's a bit slippery..but
Sailrite has a solution for that) and have a sharp
sail for a fraction of Banner Bay's.

Anyone with basic sewing skills & a a sewing machine
can make one.

elle

http://www.pelicanpower.com/abacoguide/bahamianmoor.htm