[Rhodes22-list] BVI bareboat

Charles Henthorn rexh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 19 11:27:38 EST 2007

       Surely with all the expertise represented by this list someone has been to the BVI's bareboating.   I'm leaving the winterized Rhodes in the lot til spring but (because I can't wait til spring to sail) head to Tortola for my first experience bareboating.  Looking for a list of "do's" and "don't's" if anyone has had experience there.  Too late for advise on the best company (Sunsail) --- had to decide that earlier --- too late on the type of boat (Beneteau393) --- for that had to decided at the same time.    This non-political subject line was prompted by Bill's Bahama adventures and the commentary posted about mosquito netting.  My questions relate primarily to questions like "should I take mosquito netting as a precautionary measure' and what to watch out for, essential or needed things to take they forget to tell you about, and such.   Any suggestions from this knowledgeable crew?
  Rex