[Rhodes22-list] Watermusic sings!

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 26 14:25:37 EST 2007

YIKES! Rummy, say it isn't true!  The Admiral (and CFO) was
under impression that the Rhodes22 was the most stable boat
a float!   And now you say it can quickly "go from flat
sailing to healing UNCONTROLLABLY" (or is it rum that
causes the uncontrollable part)?

I know Paula isn't very fond of the Flying Scott for that
"toss about feeling" - but the FS always seems to have a
slippery deck, and changing sides during a tack is often a
pain in the knee (and I have the scars to prove it).

Even on an Irwin 37 CC, I sit to the windward side of the
wheel, when at the helm; I guess we'll find out just how
uncontrollable a characteristic this is during April (we
plan to go to GBI and rent one for a night or two before we
buy), and see if the CFO lets the check book fall overboard
during the test runs.

--- R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:

> Elle,
> You really are getting a highly modified R22. It looks as
> though General
> Boats has gone all the way in trying to meet your needs.
> Having sailed my  boat
> for many years, I know how fast it can go from flat
> sailing to healing
> uncontrollably. I'm going to caution you that this is not
> a safe setup.(In my
> opinion) I know this is what you have asked for and GB
> gave you what you  wanted,
> but I don't like it and I would never, ever sail from
> that stern seat.  This is
> a 22 foot sailboat and it does not handle like a 30
> footer.
> I'm sorry that I have to be the one to bring this up, but
> obviously others
> on the list either don't see the problem or don't want to
> ruin the moment for
> you.
>
> Rummy
> www.rhodes22.org/list

HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

"That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... is freedom."
-- Captain Jack Sparrow