[Rhodes22-list] Watermusic and size and Joe and ....

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sat Jan 27 08:20:20 EST 2007

Josef,

Please keep in mind that I am a charter member of the R22 extreme sailing
team. Whenever possible, I will take my boat out in conditions most sane and
sober people wouldn't think of going out in. I like to bury the rails ( and keep
 them buried) and I always drink massive quantities of rum. Always. I like
loud  music and young women as crew, preferably in Bikini's and able to speak
French.
I am one of the first on the list to lay a R22 over on her side, mast in
water, get her back up and continue sailing. We lost two rum and cokes and a
pack of cig's that day. We pumped fifty gallons of warm lake water out of the
cabin and enjoyed the rest of the day. Please keep in mind that this was after 1
 1/2 bottles of rum had been consumed.....the big bottles, and winds in the
20 to  25 mph range. When I say that things can happen fast, it's probably
because of  the manner in which I sail.  It's just the way I am. I really enjoy
sailing.
Now, that having been said, the same thing can happen to a cautious sailor.
I always prepare for the worst possible scenario.  I'm sure that even Bill,
who likes to sail flat, has been tossed about the cockpit by a gust of wind. I
think all R22 owners have ended up under the lee seat at one time or  another.

Rummy