[Rhodes22-list] Anchoring ideas

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 08:22:28 EDT 2007

Using the snatch block as described will help reduce or eliminate "hunting"
at anchor. Snatch blocks are pricey but very handy. You can anchor off the
stern as Ed suggests but if you change your mind you will need to un-cleat
rhode and walk forward. Use of the snatch block would allow you to change
from stern to front anchoring without going forward to do so. In rough
weather this could be a good thing.

Locally we have protected coves so we can anchor pretty much how ever we
want with out risk of dragging. I often anchor off stern to increase wind
flow in the cabin.

Wally