[Rhodes22-list] Mast Raising System--reply

David Huckabee huckabee_david at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 19:06:00 EDT 2007

Rummy,

     Thanks for your quick reply.

      I guess I didn't explain enough.  The pop top slider was disconnected and pushed up the mast.  The problem remaining is the gray plastic fitting secured by four small bolts to the front of the pop top.  This is the piece that prevents the mast from lowering enough to fit into the mast step when the mast is placed in the mast raising system cradle mounted on the stern of the boat.  I removed that fitting in order to allow the foot of the mast to fit in the mast step so I could use the crane to raise the mast.

       Also remaing is the problem of the bottom of the mast binding against the two rear screws of the mast step.

  David,
Simple solution to a complex problem. The error is totally yours. The pop
top slide is to be disconnected after lowering the pop top. Once disconnected
from the slide, move it up the mast so it's out of the way.
I believe this will solve your problem.

Rummy