[Rhodes22-list] NOLA - Still Political

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 11:25:42 EDT 2007

Herb,

We've chased a couple of deals in NOLA, or followed a couple of primrose
paths to deals in NOLA, but have chosen to stay in Mississippi.  A co-worker
and his two brothers, also airline pilots, started a container company in
NOLA and the MS Coast.  I thought about doing that but didn't  because we
don't have the capital.  Being poor has its rewards!  They got busted for
illegally dumping on what they thought was a FEMA approved dump site.  The
Feds and locals watched them dump for about six months and then went in for
the kill.  He thinks a competitor set him up.  Whatever the case, we don't
know anything about NOLA but we know enough to stay-the-hell out.  I have
yet to meet a single contractor that didn't get burned sooner or later in
NOLA since Katrina.  We'll stick to what we know.

Brad