[Rhodes22-list] Taylormade Anchor Shade

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed Jun 20 10:37:38 EDT 2007

At 11:33 PM 6/19/2007 -0700, john Belanger wrote:
>not over the boom, under it. ratchet straps and legs at the corners.
>anchored in an x pattern and pvc across the arc like a suspension
>bridge to keep up the middle of an arch. just hang your material,
>sunbrella, hankerchief cotton, whatever, with velcro straps. hard to
>describe but i think it would work.

Reading this thread I've been thinking much the same thing, but I was
considering a crossover from backpacking technology.  Those
segmented, shock-corded tent poles (fiberglass/aluminum) would stow
away nicely and snap together quickly to raise the top.  The ends
could be fitted into sockets at the outside corners of the cockpit
area.  Just need to figure out how to get the shade material in place.

Cheers!

John Lock