[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Slim (Politics - Government 101)

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Jun 26 07:37:38 EDT 2007

Slim:

I appreciate that you were a music major in college(?).  However, a course
in government is in order.  You might just pick up a copy of the U. S.
Constitution and study it going to your next gig.

The Office of Vice President of the U. S. is a Constitutional Office.  It is
not beholding or at the beckoning of Congress, but rather the Vice President
sits as head of the Senate.

This is a question of who is boss?   And if you read the U. S. Constitution
it does not say that Congress is the Vice President’s boss.  And if you read
further, regarding the Executive Branch, it does not say the President is
his boss either.  Hum, does this mean that in routine or ordinary matters,
as long as they are not criminal he is his own boss?  Yup.

 In conclusion, unless he has committed a criminal act for which he is
indictable, and I would point out that Fitzgerald did not find that, then
Congress can say all they want, but really are wrong.  They collectively
need to read the U. S. Constitution.

After you read the U. S. Constitution, will you cite specifics to
substantiate your view.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  Political Cartoon: