[Rhodes22-list] Kansas City

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 10:41:13 EDT 2007

Hank,

The Memphis in May Festival is coming soon with the annual BBQ contest.  The
BBQ competition is pretty intense with teams coming from all over the
country.  The Memphis Metal Museum does a display of the more ornate cookers
after the show.

Forgive me if I've told this story before.  A group of my co-workers has a
team called Porky Pilots.  I can't remember if the individual in the story
was a member of that team or another one but here's what happened.  His wife
called him on his cell phone to ask if he needed anything.  "No honey, I'm
fine, I'm just going to stay here with the guys and monitor the cooker."  He
then proceeds to have himself a big time cruising around the other  teams,
asking girls to show their, you know, and engage in other big/little boy
activities.  Unfortunately, his cell phone was the old style and he
accidently hit the re-dial button while it was in his shirt pocket.  The
home answering machine recorded everything until it ran out of tape.  When
he got home his wife said, "Come here sweetheart, I've got something you
need to listen to".

Moral of the story?  Upgrade to a flip phone if you're going to cook BBQ.

Brad