[Rhodes22-list] Changing center drain

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Fri May 4 15:57:04 EDT 2007

Warning new subject line: not a joke.

So I had to go into the lazaratte the other day and change my hose,
my wife doesn't like me talkin' like this, so she had me locked in
the laz until I changed my hose...

I thought I'd just take off the old one and put on the new one, until
of course I realized that the offset from the  top cockpit sole
doesn't allow for the new pipe to be fitted properly without taking
off the top fitting first.  A week later, I removed the old fitting
from the cockpit sole and added the  requisite 5200 sealant around
the fittings and threads and sealed the new hose with two ss hose
clamps.  It cured and i tested it by compressing the water in the
pipe by plugging the through hull with a cane bumper as a rubber
plug.  None leaked out but i m still in the lazarette and need some
help getting out, any ideas?

Lou

  Its good I finally fixed the drain where all my money has been going
for the last 3 yrs.. now my money can flow faster!

Where did the name LAZARETTE come from anyway.... I don't know  if
Jack Schitt had something to do with it or not?

Proj boat
Miracles