[Rhodes22-list] Re ply to Art about Sail Plan Changes and Columbia 23 (very pungent reply, others need not read)

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sat Nov 3 08:58:48 EDT 2007

Mr. Czerwonky:

Regarding the Columbia 23, there used to one among us who sold columbia
boats.  Imagine that?  In his later life he bought a R22, imagine that?
Unfortunately he is sailing the wild blue...

Reread Slim's and Rummy's replies.

You said, "never have used the lower boom position".  And then you make a
recommendation to drill a new hole? "why not add an intermediate hole for
the slide to click in, somewhere midway?"  I recommend that you begin all
your future post with a disclaimer of knowledge of the topic for the benefit
of newbies who might think that your recommendations are based on solid
information rather than ethereal speculation.

Rummy offered advice that you practice.  You do not need high winds to
practice setting a Rhodes 22 mast to a lower position.  You just need to do
it.

Are all your posts with the same forethought and knowledge base?

And where are your pictures of Ron sailing?  Where is the documentation?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
addendum:  "The people have a right, an indisputable, unalienable,
indefeasible, divine right to that most dreaded and envied kind of knowledge
- I mean of the character and conduct of their rulers”   John Adams