[Rhodes22-list] Rudder angle, tacking, and racing

Richard Smith sailnut at att.net
Tue Nov 20 14:23:32 EST 2007

It is entirely possible to lash the tiller and trim the boat to sail at a
certain angle to the wind for extended periods.

It works best with deep draft full keel boats but with patience  I have had
some luck in fin keeled boats.

Many classic books on ocean cruising describe the correct way to adjust the
vessel's rig for such an endeavor.

Richard Smith