[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes22 Owners in New Jersey

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 02:11:19 EDT 2007

jay
  thanks for the ride. for all of you who haven't got one of these boats yet, take a ride at your earliest convenience. it will answer so many of your questions and cast aside all your doubts. it took one member here 4 years. i hope it doesn't take me that long. thanks again. john b

Jay Friedland <jsail1 at verizon.net> wrote:
  Michael,
The list is always available, but there's a loose contingency of R22
owners further south from you, mostly between Barnegat and Avalon. It
seems to be the ideal boat for our conditions-above average wind,
below average depth, especially in the lower bay. I am year round on
LBI and often sail with other owners and wannabes with a standing
invitation to others. John Belanger from Texas is vacationing here,
so this Friday may be our sailing day.

Although we try for a 12-month season, best we're able to do is March
to end of December. If you wanted to see a dozen or so in various
configurations, dates of origin, and levels of care, most are in the
water and available to see. Several have been brought back from the
gelcoat graveyard with good results, some like mine with considerable
teak trim (low maintenance), others all plastic. Also, there are many
sailing areas, such as Berkeley State Park, and Manahawkin Bay that
are great destinations for our shoal draft.

Ask away, or visit when you can. Cell is 201/803-5665.

Jay Friedland
s/v Wanderlust