[Rhodes22-list] T8 repowering Fretless

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Oct 3 15:31:28 EDT 2007

Joe,
I forgot to answer your question about the T8. So far we really like
it but we've only had it a couple of days. Really like the freshwater
flush after our problems with the Honda. The new Hondas also had a
freshwater flush but it wasn't as convenient and they were a bit
heavier.  Our T8 is a 2007 (I think - manufactured in France in 2006)
The 2008s may be a bit different - or not - it wasn't clear but the
cowling looked different. It comes with or without power tilt which
we didn't want as it added to the weight. That model also did not
have a tiller. In any event it seems to push the boat around well and
idles nicely.

Our remote controls do not have the key switch because we were
re-using the controls from the Honda which was not electric start.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD