[Rhodes22-list] any FL owners?

Alan Robertson bigal_61 at msn.com
Sat Oct 20 20:50:10 EDT 2007

Thanks Mike. Appreciate the reply and it confirms our experiences and the Tanzers we have raced informally were probably centerboard/swing keel models. Yes we do have the 175, a replacement from Lee Sails when we blew ours our when original furling jib drum jammed and we couldn't get it in past half way when a mini-twister crossed the Lake . We use it all the way out only when boat is heavily burdened with camping gear and guests.
By the way, how far out in the Sound do you go with your '81? Does the ferry still run to Conn. from Port Jefferson? When I was a lad, we used to have a cross - Sound ferry running from Oyster Bay; think it went to Stamford?
Regards,
Al