[Rhodes22-list] Novice sailor

Ray Baker ray.baker at bis.midco.net
Mon Sep 17 21:03:08 EDT 2007

Greetings,

I began sailing this summer and have fallen in love with the experience. I
have sailed on boats from 13' to 34'. My experience has been limited to
lakes in Minnesota and South Dakota. I live in Bismarck, ND, and I'm
thinking about buying a sailboat to use on Lake Sakakawea which is about 75
miles from where I live.

I took lessons on a Rhodes 22 and fell in love with its size and ease of
operation. What are some of your thoughts on this boat? Is it a good starter
boat? What should I consider before purchasing my first sailboat?

Ray Baker