[Rhodes22-list] Removing motor for repair

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon Sep 24 22:26:21 EDT 2007

I'll be eager to hear any answers to this.

So far, the two of us have managed to manhandle the motor. It's much
easier on land. We have an outboard cart so we immediately have
something with wheels that we can put it on. Actually Fred's pretty
strong. He used to manage to move the 80 lb Honda from the cart to
the car to the cart to the motor mount by himself - on land.

It took two of us to get it off the boat in the water. There the
sequence was get an old cushion to balance the motor on; lift the
motor off the mount, rest on stern rail; lift over stern rail then
rest the pointy end of the lower unit on the cushion; work the motor
to the bow, moving the cushion under the point; get the motor up on
the dock; put the motor on the cart.

I suspect with the new heavier motor it will take two of us to get it
on and off the boat on land. Right now the boat is in the water sans
motor and we plan to have the yard help us get the motor on the boat,
probably from their flat bottom boat.

Here's a link to the cart:
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=6490&familyName=Outboard+Motor+Carrier++up+to+30+HP

Mary Lou