[Rhodes22-list] Masthead lights (anchor & steaming)

Dana realnamen at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 15:30:46 EDT 2008

Bob, John, Ed,

Thanks for the replies.  I'm thinking of using this
Hella 360 degree LED light:

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|65136|739053|760449&id=769978

This should work fine for the anchor light.  As far as
running lights when under power, my understanding is
that you can have EITHER a 360 masthead light OR a
stern light in combination with a forward facing
masthead light.  See

http://www.uscgboating.org/safety/fedreqs/equ_nav.htm

My red/green sidelights are wired in common with the
stern light, so if I use the 360 masthead light as a
steaming light, then I will have red/green sidelights,
stern light, and 360 masthead light illuminated when
under power.  Is this configuration (stern light AND
360 masthead light) OK when under power?

-Dana