[Rhodes22-list] 21st Century 'Ernie Pyle"

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 13:03:34 EDT 2008

Michael Yon is at 17 on the list at Amazon today and rising fast (up 250 in
one week and it hasn't been released yet!).  Trust me, this is not
propaganda.  Whatever you think of 43 or the war in Iraq, you at least
should read about the experience and professionalism of our troops and
especially the Marines.  The photo on the book cover still brings tears to
my eyes every time I see it (the story behind the photo is sad). Yon was
banned for awhile by the military for 'calling the shots as he saw them' and
is as impartial a witness as one can find for this national experience.

Brad

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0980076323?ie=UTF8&tag=wwwviolentkicom&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0980076323