[Rhodes22-list] John L and Dana did you see how expensive

Dana realnamen at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 16:48:32 EDT 2008

Less than $10-12 sounds nice, but...

I'd like a permanent, high quality anchor light that
is extremely energy efficient.  I figure that if I
have to drop the mast to fumble with the anchor light
during the (short) summer, this easily costs $100 in
vacation time with my family.  I want to install it
once and be done with it.  I'm still leaning towards
the Hella Marine 360 LED light.

I've also looked into the tricolor LED masthead
lights, but I can't justify the cost ($300+) or
complexity (funky switches).  The existing side lights
work fine, and if necessary, I can control energy
usage by not sailing after dark.  The anchor light, on
the other hand, really needs to be on all night when
on the hook.

I might also replace the steaming light with an LED;
haven't decided yet because of the expense.  It's not
critical since energy usage by the steaming light is
easily controlled just like the side lights.

I searched the archives for LED light stuff, and there
is a lot there, although most of it is somewhat dated
now.  Jerry had some nice posts with pictures of his
combo steaming/foredeck LED light.

-Dana