[Rhodes22-list] Muireann swims!

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Mon Aug 4 15:49:25 EDT 2008

Joe,

Our trailers sound similar if not identical.  I'll get a pic once I'm home.
On our trailer we retract the sliding square tube assembly when loading the
boat on a steep ramp.  The bow of the boat hits the winch just below the rub
rail.  The winch strap is nearly vertical going to the bow eye.  The
retracting bow support would contact the hull just about at or just below
the bow eye and I'd worry that it could hang up.  So I just set the winch
strap length and pull the boat out slowly.  This put the boat right about on
the "sweet spot" on our one and only try so far.  It could be that I
submerged the trailer more than necessary I suppose.  I backed in far enough
that the front of the bunks was just submerged.  There was basically no
resistance to pulling the boat all the way up to the winch.

Mike C.